As we are all unsure how long the Covid-19 pandemic will continue for, it is essential that all businesses assess cash flow immediately and understand how much is required to survive.
Key areas to focus on include:
- Forecasting regularly to cover daily cash flows to ensure any peaks or troughs are highlighted on a daily basis.
- Sensitivity analysis and increased rigor to be factored into cash flow models to reflect different short-term scenarios.
- Identification of any funding shortfalls or covenant breaches in the forecast period.
- Early dialogue with bankers and other funders for temporary increases in funding facilities interest rate holidays.
Many businesses will require additional funding requirements both in the short-term and longer-term. Our specialist Corporate Finance team can assist you with:
- Cash flow forecasts
- Financial modelling
- Grant / funding applications
For further information on cashflow please check our new Corporate Finance blog which focuses on the management information, and forecasting requirements for the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme.
About the MHA Corporate Finance Team
At MHA Moore and Smalley, we operate a dedicated and experienced corporate finance department committed to identifying, creating and maximising transaction opportunities for North West businesses, from small family enterprises to listed companies.
Our substantial team brings together a wealth of experience across a variety of sectors and transaction types. Typically we work with SMEs that fall within the £1m – £50m turnover bracket. Between us we have over 60 years of transactional experience and have advised on deals with an aggregate value in excess of £1 billion.
We work closely with clients to anticipate their needs and guide them through any corporate finance project, from raising finance, identifying and carrying out acquisitions through to grooming businesses for sale and managing the ultimate business sale process.
Corporate finance goals impact on all areas of the business. Whether it be banking, legal advice, trade finance or marketing, we have the resources and network to assemble the right team to deliver the solution you need.