Over the past year there has been a lot of changes forced upon many businesses, but if there is something good we can all take from this it is the knowledge that we can cope with change. A business that has been run the same way for 20+ years can change its systems and still utilise technology, without taking anything away from the business.
So with all of the changes that are already taking place maybe this is the best time to start changing the way we work? Instead of working harder let’s try to work smarter and use the technology that is available to us to achieve this!
The first thing I sometimes come across when talking about the automation of a purchase ledger role is ‘Well what will I be doing if I’m not processing invoices manually!’, the answer to that is the thousands of other things that you have been putting off or putting on the back burner because those invoices and receipts need to be processed.
By taking advantage of the OCR technology available from Receipt Bank you will be able to gain the time back to concentrate on the things you want to do in your business, or even to take some time away from the busines and gain that home/work life balance that you have always aimed for.
Some of the main advantages of using Receipt Bank:
- Save time and improve accuracy by uploading invoices in to your accounts package using the latest OCR Technology.
- Can potentially save you VAT by automatically analysing your invoices and identifying the right amount of VAT to claim.
- Save you tax by encouraging you to upload copies of receipts and invoices immediately rather than at the month end, which reduces the risk of paper being mislaid, lost or destroyed.
- Seamless integration with Xero, Quickbooks and Sage making claiming expenses easy.
- It runs in the browser on the desktop, laptop, tablet and many smart phones. It also has phone apps for both iOS and Android, and a new app for Apple Watch.
- Can be given to your workforce, who can then upload their receipts and generate an automatic expense claim.
- Keeps copies of your receipts and supplier invoices, meaning you can go paperless – saving you more time and money!
- Maximises the use of cloud storage systems like Dropbox by uploading your receipts and invoices directly into your account, allowing you to use Receipt Bank to download them automatically for analysis.
If you are interested in seeing a demonstration of Receipt Bank, how it works or details of the price please get in touch with our Digital Solutions team at firstname.lastname@example.org.