VAT on commercial property transactions
In our latest video Jonathan Main, Partner and Joe Sullivan, Partner discuss the aspects of VAT that affect the construction and real estate sector.
This video covers the following;
- Summarising commercial property
- What are some of the principles of VAT relating to commercial property?
- Whether or not to charge VAT on the rent on commercial properties
- Option to tax
- Transfers as a going concern
- Do we want to recover VAT on construction cost going forward and if so, can we charge VAT to our tenants?
- Commercial considerations that may affect the bottom line
- The latest legislation regarding fraud