Inheritance Tax Seminar: Planning for Your Family’s Future
- 7th December 2023
8:00 am - 10:00 am
Share this event
- This event has passed.
7th December 2023 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
The Covid-19 pandemic brought into sharp focus the fragility of our existence. Our mortality is naturally a sensitive topic and because it is difficult, we don’t always give enough time to planning ahead.
You spend a lifetime building your wealth, so it is extremely important to ensure that it is passed on in the most tax efficient way.
It’s time to think about inheritance tax planning.
Getting inheritance tax planning wrong can be costly, not just in terms of the amount of tax you pay but in other unexpected ways. For instance, an 82-year-old woman was recently evicted from her home after gifting her house to her daughter. She believed the gift would avoid the family having to pay inheritance tax, but when the relationship soured the mother found herself homeless.
To avoid such awful situations, protect your hard-won assets and discover better ways to plan for your family’s future, we invite you to attend our Inheritance Tax Planning Seminar.
Our tax, financial planning and legal experts will highlight all the key issues and bring them to life by sharing a real-life case study.
The presentation will cover:
- An overview of inheritance tax and how it is calculated
- How different types of assets are treated for inheritance tax purposes
- Practicalities, mitigation and current tax planning opportunities
- The tax traps to be aware of
- Will structure – business vs non-business assets
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Shareholder issues
We will address key questions such as:
- How much inheritance tax will I have to pay?
- What is the ‘nil rate band’ and how does it affect inheritance tax?
- Can I gift my house to avoid inheritance tax?
- Is my business affected by inheritance tax?
- I have a property overseas – how is that treated?
- Can I use a Trust to protect my assets and reduce the amount of inheritance tax?
Who should attend?
This briefing is applicable to business owners and private individuals who want to learn more about inheritance tax for themselves and on behalf of their family.
It is never too early or too late to plan.
Arrive at 8.00am for breakfast buns, tea/coffee and networking. At 8.30am we will have the presentations followed by a Q&A session. The event will close at 10.00am.